City of Beaverton Meeting Room Usage Agreement
In recognition of the City’s policy to support and promote sustainability practices, the City’s meeting room reservation service is available on-line only. Applications must be submitted on-line.
Please read this usage agreement carefully. This agreement affects your legal rights and applies to all future uses of the facilities.
- Beaverton Community Center: Meeting rooms are available by reservation every day, seven days per week, from 8:00 am to 10:00 pm, excluding City holidays actual and observed.
- Griffith Drive Building: Beginning January 1, 2018, meeting rooms are available by reservation every day, seven days per week, from 8:00 am to 10:00 pm, excluding City holidays actual and observed.
- Library: Meeting rooms are available Sunday 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm; Monday - Thursday 10:00 am to 8:30 pm; Friday 10:00 am to 5:30 pm and Saturday 10:00 am to 4:30 pm, excluding City holidays.
Prohibited Activities/Uses: The following uses are prohibited at all locations: Any events at which entrance fees are charged; and/or where merchandise is offered for sale; and/or where future business will be solicited by a speaker, through literature available at the meeting, and/or future contacts developed at the meeting. The following activities are prohibited at all locations: (1) smoking, (2) the consumption of alcohol, (3) the burning of any items, including candles or incense. Activities/Uses must not be disruptive to others present in the building. Groups may only reserve one City facility per day.
Fees and Deposits: The full amount of any required usage fee and security deposit must be received in the appropriate office at least two (2) business days in advance of the scheduled usage. The City accepts cash or check payments. Checks should be made payable to "City of Beaverton". Deposits are kept on file unless a refund is requested. To request a refund of your deposit, email the:
Additional Fees: Groups who call for City Staff to unlock the door (outside of normal working hours), will be assessed a $75.00 fee, and may lose their privileges to the Community Center or Griffith Drive Building for six months.
If you have lost your key or failed to pick up your key at City Hall, then your reservation has been cancelled. Your group is not authorized to enter the facilities.
Confirmation: If we approve your reservation request, we will email a confirmation to you.
Keys: The Community Center and Griffith Drive Building keys can be picked up at City Hall, Mayor’s Office, two (2) days before the event. To return the keys at Griffith Drive Building, after each meeting deposit them in the wooden box that is in each room. In the Community Center, the wooden box is next to the main entrance door (parking lot side).
Cancellations: Failure to provide seven (7) days’ notice of a cancellation will result in the forfeit of your deposit. You may cancel a reservation by using the online reservation system.
Room Condition: Rooms are provided in as-is condition. You agree that your commencement of the use of a room is conclusive proof that the room was in good order and satisfactory condition when you took possession. During your use of the room, you must maintain and secure the room in good, clean and safe condition. Before leaving the room, you must restore the room and any areas adjacent thereto affected by your use of the room to the condition they were in immediately prior to commencement of use. Upon expiration of allotted time for your use of room, you and all your agents, employees, customers, invitees or licensees must peaceably and quietly quit and surrender the room to the city in as good a condition as found and in accordance with the room configuration diagrams posted in each room. All decorations must be removed after use. All garbage must be disposed of in the proper containers.
Supplies & Materials: User groups are responsible for bringing their own cleaning supplies, including brooms, mops, etc. Audiovisual equipment, computers, or easels are not provided. User groups are also responsible for bringing their own materials.
Food: Food may be consumed at your sole risk and expense. The city does not provide food service or any food service supplies.
Community Center — There are no kitchen facilities available and cooking is not allowed. Box lunches, snack food, and appetizers may be consumed in all meeting rooms.
Griffith Drive Building/Library — Box lunches, snack food, and appetizers may be consumed in the Conference and Meeting rooms. No full meals or banquets may be served.
Beverages: City staff does not provide beverage service; there are no beverage supplies available to the public at any of the buildings. Beverages (except dark fruit juice) may be consumed in the meeting rooms only.
Children: A responsible adult must supervise children at all times. Failure to control the activities of your agents, employees, customers, invitees or licensees (including children) may result in the suspension of the privilege to use city facilities.
Repair: If any damage results from the use, act or neglect of applicant and/or the organization applicant represents and/or their agents, employees, customers, invitees, or licensees, the city may, at its option, repair, remediate or replace such damage, and applicant and/or the organization applicant represents shall immediately pay to city the total cost of such repair upon demand therefore, plus 15% of the total cost of such repair or replacement to cover the City’s administrative costs and expenses, in addition to consultant fees, reasonable attorney fees and costs of litigation.
Entry Fees: Entry fees may not be charged for events held at any of the buildings. (See above section on Prohibited Activities.)
Non-Assignability: The rights pursuant to this agreement are personal to the applicant and/or the organization applicant represents. Any attempt by applicant and/or the organization applicant represents to transfer, assign, or sublet rights under this agreement shall be null and void.
No Partnership: The city is not by virtue of this agreement a partner or joint venturer with, or agent of, applicant and/or the organization applicant represents in connection with the activity carried on under this agreement.
No Third Party Beneficiaries: The city and the applicant and/or the organization applicant represents are the only parties to this agreement and are the only parties entitled to enforce its terms. Nothing in this agreement gives or will be construed to give or provide any benefit or right, whether directly, indirectly or otherwise, to third persons.
Indemnification: To the fullest extent authorized by law, applicant and/or the organization applicant represents shall indemnify and holds harmless the city and the city’s officers, employees, agents and volunteers from and against any and all loss, cost, claim, damage, injury or liability whatsoever, including reasonable attorney fees and costs of litigation and appeal, arising from the activities of applicant or the organization applicant represents, subject to the limitations of liability for public bodies set forth in the Oregon Tort Claims Act ORS 30.260-30.300 and the Oregon Constitution.
Defense of Actions: In case any claim, action or proceeding is brought against the city or its officers, employees, agents and volunteers in any forum whatsoever by reason of any obligation to be performed under the terms of this agreement by applicant or the organization applicant represents or arising from any act or omission of applicant or the organization applicant represents or their agents, employees, invitees or licensees, applicant and the organization applicant represents shall, upon notice from city, defend at trial and on appeal the city and its officers, employees, agents and volunteers at the sole expense of applicant and/or the organization applicant represents, by counsel of city’s choosing. This obligation to defend extends to all manner of proceedings, whether in a judicial, administrative or other forum.
Waiver: Applicant and the organization applicant represents hereby fully and unconditionally waive their individual and collective rights to recover from the city and its officers, employees, agents and volunteers, any loss, damage, restitution or compensation arising out of this agreement or out of the use of any city property associated with this agreement. The city and its officers, employees, agents and volunteers shall in no event be liable for any loss or damage suffered or incurred by applicant, the organization applicant represents, or their agents, employees, customers, invitees or licensees for any reason whatsoever. Such waiver includes, without limitation, waiver of liability for death, personal injury, theft, damage to motor vehicles, loss of property from within motor vehicles, business interruption, lost profits, consequential damages and rights of subrogation.
Lost & Found: Call (503) 526-2497 to report a lost or found item at the Community Center, Library, and Griffith Drive Building. We will hold items for 30 days. After 30 days, unclaimed items may be donated to charity. The city, its employees, volunteers and other agents are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Special Note: The City of Beaverton reserves the right to control the use of Community Center, Library meeting rooms, and the Griffith Drive Building, to best meet the needs of the public. All scheduled uses are subject to change, including cancellation, by the city. The city reserves the right of immediate access to all rooms at all times and is not responsible for any inability to use scheduled rooms resulting from any cause, negligent or otherwise. The city reserves the right to terminate any usage at any time and without prior notice if the use constitutes a nuisance or criminal conduct.
Addendum #1: Beaverton City Library Auditorium Policy and Usage Agreement
Special Note: Library staff is not responsible for scheduling room usage and/or equipment. Scheduling is managed by the City of Beaverton City Recorder’s Office.
The Auditorium is available:
- Sunday 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm;
- Monday — Thursday 10:00 am to 8:30 pm;
- Friday 10:00 am to 5:30 pm and
- Saturday 10:00 am to 4:30 pm.
- 150-person maximum seating capacity (Note: 50-person minimum required to reserve the Auditorium).
- Handicap accessibility
- Refundable Security Deposit: $250.00
- Auditorium room usage fee: $150.00 per function
- Requests for use of the Auditorium require a five (5) calendar day notice.
- Cancellations must be received seven (7) calendar days prior to the scheduled event. Failure to provide at least 7 days’ notice will result in forfeit of the security deposit.
- Adult supervision is required at all times for persons under the age of 18.
- Public notices and advertising of meetings to be held in the Auditorium are to refer to the location as Beaverton City Library Auditorium. All advertising and public notices of events to be held in the Auditorium must carry a clear statement of organizational sponsorship and be approved by the City of Beaverton in advance of posting.
- Equipment, supplies or personal belongings of a group may not be stored or left in the Auditorium or Library. The City is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Conditions of Use:
- No fees, admission charges, or donations are allowed for functions in the Auditorium.
- No food or drink is allowed on the stage or in the Auditorium. If you would like to provide refreshments (e.g. reception event), we recommend rental of one of the conference rooms upstairs in the Library facility.
- No animals (with the exception of service animals) are permitted in the facility.
- No tape or adhesives are to be used on the stage floor, seats, or painted surfaces in or outside the Auditorium.
- No smoke, special effects machines, or helium-filled balloons are permitted in the Auditorium.
- The City reserves the right to control all sound usage and volumes for any event in the Auditorium.
- All state and local fire codes as well as OSHA regulations apply for all events held in the Auditorium.
- The maximum capacity of the Auditorium is 150 persons. The minimum required number of attendees for an event held in the Auditorium is 50 persons.
- User groups are expected to leave the room in an orderly and acceptable condition with all personal property removed and trash placed in the receptacles provided in order to receive a refund of their security deposit.
- In addition to this addendum, user groups must comply with the “City of Beaverton Meeting Room Usage Agreement”.